[ SHOWGSD-L ] Power Outage Update

  • From: John Ayotte <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 19:33:24 -0500

Well, the power outage is still not finished with us. We had no power
for seven days, then it came back on Wednesday evening and lasted till
Thursday night. Since then it has been mostly off (as it is as I type
this), and on for a couple of two hour stints.

Were getting pretty good at switching things back and forth between the
generator and the power lines, and even managed to rig up a special
cord to run the well from the generator when the power is off.

I was able to get an electrician out here Wednesday to repair the
damage to the feed to the house. When the power came on Wednesday night
we discovered that the surges or something had killed the refrigerator,
so we spent much of Thursday hunting for a replacement (which won't
arrive till Sunday).

At least the temperatures have risen and we don't have to keep burning
the fireplaces or running the electric heaters off the generator.

The insurance claims examiner is supposed to arrive on Monday to make a
determination of how much Allstate will cover. Can't get a refrigerator
repair person out till Tuesday to document that the refrigerator was
killed by the storm.

Dogs and family are doing fine, but everyone is a little on edge due to
all of the trauma. I'm falling further and further behind at work :-(

John

John Ayotte
Frankenhaus German Shepherds
http://www.jmadesign.com/Frankenhaus