[ SHOWGSD-L ] Possible assistance: Anyone from Arizona, California or surrounding areas?

  • From: Deanne Jur <djur@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 13:52:36 -0600

Hello List,

I have a request that I thought may be appropriate to post here - in case
anyone may be able to assist?

I sent a nice male dog home with my brother-in-law and family 3 years ago
from Winnipeg, Canada to live with them in Tucson, Arizona as their
pet/companion. Well, they separated a number of months ago and all seemed
well with their dogs until now <sigh>. He just called me to say that the
ex-wife does not want to keep him (or their GSD cross) and he has to take
them ASAP. Unfortunately, he travels constantly with his work; otherwise he
would have taken them originally, upon the split. Of course, he contacted me
right away because he KNOWS I would have a fit if the dog was placed
anywhere without my involvement and approval!

I told him that I would check with all the wonderful people through my list
connections to see if there may be someone looking for an older, well
behaved, house companion (personal referrals please) so that he wouldn't
have to travel too far from the climate he has been accustomed to? However,
he is prepared to travel with the dog and bring him back to me here in
Canada if a suitable home is not found soon.

The dogs name is "Nero" and he is 3.5 years old, neutered and has had
obedience and rattle snake training. He is CKC Registered from certified
Canadian/European lines.

He has been raised with an active family, is great with children and was
living with a female Shepherd cross (is good with other dogs), UTD with
vaccinations, etc.

If anyone can help me find him a suitable home in this area or would like
any further information, please don't hesitate to contact me privately.
Thanks

Sincerely,

Deanne Jur

(204)334-0875