[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Pity Party today...NOT

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, arelee_1020@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 11:07:25 EST

I gotta' tell you, I'm not feeling sorry for myself at all <G>.   Instead of
dealing with a pre "vacation" scramble w/ work/arrangements to
leave/dog's/schedules, then the actual travel/accommodations stuff, then doing
it all in
reverse, then coming home to pay "catch up", (that's when I REALLY  feel like I
need a few days away!!!), I'm all caught up on my "to do" list and  enjoying
the most lovely fall we've had in PA for a number of  years.

Been there, done that as far as "THE NATIONAL" is concerned.

Travel, hectic.

The first few days dragged on and on.

Food...so-so at best.  The company of friends was super, but we didn't  have
to cross multiple State lines for that.

Accommodations...well the "normal" dog show accommodations (definitely not
the Four Seasons).  More than a few people were slobs.  After one day  the
grassy areas were a mess.

Meetings...well, best left unsaid.

Speeches...well, here again, best left unsaid.

Even the Parade Of Greats...sad.  (Why do some people drag dogs in  less than
perfect health so that our last memory...oh never mind.)

What I learned is that if you just fly in for Specials, THAT might be worth
doing...but the rest?????

Granted, I'm spoiled and within driving distance of several options on any
given weekend of Specialties or clusters.

Feeling sorry for myself? NOT.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds

In a message dated 11/4/2008 9:56:52 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx writes:

3 things  to do, Beryl....send LHSH at least $13.70.
Joan