[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Pity Party and First National

  • From: Gsdstyle@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 19:38:51 EST

Our first national was 1980, when Aspen was GV and Lacy Britches was GVX. I
remember it was in Niagara Falls, and you could get up close to the ring,
although I think you were still in the stands. But I got some GREAT pictures
with my Canon camera..........until I dropped the film off to be developed, and

picked up several rolls of black photos - the shutter had stopped  working and
I never knew! We've only missed 3 Nationals since that year,  including this
one. And this is my first time at the pity party.............So  tonight, I've
got a glass of Sauvignon Blanc, and some crackers, and two kinds  of dip, and
some wings................

Middle Aged Spread
12 oz. container soft Wispride cheddar spread
8 ounces grated cheddar
4-5 oz crumbled bleu cheese
8 oz cream cheese
Mix with hand mixer until well blended. Refrigerate or freeze. Bring to  room
temperature before serving. Serve with crackers.

Hot Crabmeat Dip
8 oz cream cheese
6 oz can drained crab meat
2 tablespoons minced scallions
1 tablespoon milk
3 teaspoons prepared horseradish
1/8 teaspoon pepper
garlic to taste
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
dashes of Tabasco or Louisana hot sauce to taste
Mix cream cheese, milk and crab meat. Add scallions and other ingredients,
holding the hot sauce until last and mix in. Place in baking dish that is not
too deep, such as a quiche dish or a pie dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30
minutes. Sprinkle paprika on top before serving.

Chinese Chicken Wings
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 1/2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
3 pds party chicken wings (about 32)
(party wings are wings already separated. If using regular wings, cut off
and discard tips from the wings with kitchen shears, then halve wings at the
joint)
Preheat broiler and oil rack of a broiler pan. Stir together garlic,
five-spice powder, salt and soy sauce in a large bowl. Pat dry wings and add to

spice mixture, tossing to coat. Arrange wings in 1 layer on broiler pan and
broil
6 to 7 inches from heat, turning over once, until browned and cooked
through, 16 to 20 minutes total.
Pat
Sel CH  Gus ROM; 3x Sel CH Trouble ROM; CH Maddy; CH Tia; CH Ben; CH Tarzan;
BOF Piper  _www.gsdstyle.com_ (http://www.gsdstyle.com/)  and check out photos
at  _www.snowheronstudios.com_ (http://www.snowheronstudios.com/)

5 Travel Deals!