[ SHOWGSD-L ] Phone call... Caution!

  • From: "Aftica GSD-Leanne Krieger" <krieger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <CanadianGSD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 12:36:30 -0500

Good morning everyone, I just wanted to give everyone a heads to a suspicious
phone call I had today. Here's how it went about:
I answered the phone, the man started out by saying he was in Toronto and how
cold it was,and said it was just a little too cold for fishing bass or pickerel.
Says he contacted me via e-mail back in the fall and got my name from the GSDCC
and the Ottawa Kennel Club. which I never rec'd.
He went on to saying both those clubs  wouldn't consider his product because it
wasn't FDA approved, but now it is and he can sell it. He went into great
detail about the product. It's called WM Clear. Says it's an all natural
wormer, it kills everything. Coccidia, Guardia, hook , round , tape etc. Powder
form, just add to water, safe to give newborns, pregnant moms. Vets won't
promote it because they make money off Strongid, Ivermectin, Panacur , Drontal
etc. and keep you going back for more.
I was in the middle of something & told him to please e-mail the literature
again & I would take a look at it. He said he did once already & continued to
promote his product. I then said I'm sorry I will have to call back I was busy.
He said ok one quick question" Do you want to kill your dogs?" I said "What,
hell NO!"  He then said" I tell you what, If I send you a trial offer, would
you tell 2 of your German Shepherd friends and give them my literature?" I said
sure, if it is as good as you say, but I really have to go,what is your name ?
he replied "Bob King"
.He said  I will take your address & mail you out 64 oz of powder" I said ok
and gave my full address out.I told him I would really like him to e-mail
but...... he then talked right over top of me & said " the shipping & handling
is free, but I need to reserve your shipment , so we accept visa, mastercard &
Amex. I said look, I'm not buying your product until I learn more about it, and
he hung up in my ear!!!  I tried to call him back & the line was busy, 10 mins
later I tried again & there was no answer. I called my friend , she suggested I
block my number, so I did, He picked up and i quickly asked him " Is this Bob"
He said "No it's Ed Davis" I said "well I just phone to thank you for hanging
up so rudely in my ear" and on that note he hung up again!!!  I call my vet &
they never heard of it before. I even googled it, nothing came up.
Did anyone else receive this phone call? The number that came up on my phone
was 740-994-0875
So everyone, please be on your toes & ready for this guy.
 Leanne