[ SHOWGSD-L ] Permission to cross post/Staten Island Show weekend

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 19:56:34 EDT

hovad123 hovad123@xxxxxxxxxxxx:
To: IbizanHounds@IbizanHoundsIbi
From: "hovad123" hovad123@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 17:52:39 -0000
Subject: [IbizanHounds] Permission to Cross Post

This past Saturday May 24 my dog Lance (Serandida's Camelot) was hit
by a car and died. This occurred while he was at a dog show in
Freehold, NJ. The show on Friday was held by the Staten Island Kennel
Club but I do not know the name of the kennel club which held
Saturday's show.

Lanc's handler Joe brought Lance back to his crate after he was shown.
Joe realized he needed to buy a food bowl for Lance as he had
forgotten his. Joe secured Lance in his crate (which was in Joe's van
in the parking lot) and left. Joe went to the men's room and then got
on line at a concession stand to buy a bowl, a total of 10-15 minutes
had passed when someone came running up to Joe yelling that Lance had
been hit by a car. This all happened around 9 am in the morning.

Joe ran to the dog, picked him up and got in the car with the man in
tha charge of the show and they rushed to the vet where Lance died.
When Joe got back to his van later in the morning he saw that the
crate door was wide open, unfortunately no one has come forward as a
witness so far.

The reason that I am posting this is because there are very strong
indications that someone let Lance out of his cage. The police have
spoken with us and did a preliminary investigation but the bottom line
is that unless someone at the show witnessed something we are at a
total dead end.

If anyone witnessed anything at this show I would greatly appreciate
it you would contact me privatley, otherwise if you could cross post
this I would appreciate it.

Thank you,

Natasha Berardi

Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with
Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.
      (http://food.aol.com/tyler-florence?video=4&
?NCID=aolfod00030000000002)