[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Parade Magazine Poll

  • From: Cynthia VanDenBerge <vande001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Show GSD List <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 10:41:36 -0700 (PDT)

This is interesting.  Here in Memphis there was an informal poll in the weekend
paper and the results were 100% in favor of mandatory spay/neutering.  The
average Joe on the street seems to think it is a good idea; mostly because I
suspect that the average person may just have a pet and not show or breed, so,
hey, to them it sounds good and is no big deal.
  Also, the local vets are very pro-spay/neutering.  It is a cash cow for their
ever shrinking market.  It is really getting crazy.  I tried to get my mom's
little dog groomed and was told that they would not accept the shots I gave him
as "it was possibly diluted".  I, to my chagrin, gave the little idiot an
earful as I buy my vaccines from the same place that they do and, anyone who
has half a brain knows that titers can not be made sufficiently high enough in
the short period of time that they want, ie. inject the dog and put it in the
kennel and expect that it will be protected immediately.  So dumb.  The latest
is that I went to our local PetStupid to inquire about boarding.  I like the
look of the place and they have the connected Vet hospital right there.  Well,
I was told that my dog had to be neutered (my champion Tory!) before they would
accept him.  I was shocked and pushed it a little and got the girl to say that
they would board him, but not with his companion
 The Devine Miss Em (who is neutered).  They had to be in separate kennels at
$35/day each!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  As a former boarding kennel owner I can understand that in this litigious
society, someone probably sued over some incident involving an unneutered male.
 But, sheesh, this is crazy.
  It is getting harder and harder to keep dogs these days without spending mega
bucks at the vet because of some local ordinance that I am sure the vets help
to enact!
  Cynthia
Fran Henry <fhenry1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  On 3/20/08 10:00 AM, "murfamx4@xxxxxxx" wrote:

> I just went to http://tinyurl.com/34wydq?to vote again about the Mandatory
> Spay and Neuter and the web site is down.? Maybe we did really fry it.
>
> ?
>

> Maybe they are changing it so that we can only vote once. (from each computer)
>

> ?
>

> The last I saw it was 19% yes and 81% no but that was yesterday.? Do you think
> they didn't get the answer they expected too?????

I just voted twice

Fran Henry