[ SHOWGSD-L ] PONDERING

  • From: "Pat Lukos" <targa50@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gsd" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 13:02:45 -0500

GSD being heartstuck with no sedation in this video!!!!

I have to admit I cannot watch this video but I don't have to see it to know
what needs to be done in shelter reform and in helping GSDs and other dogs
that may have to endure this.  Last Hope Safe Haven, Inc. needs all the help
we can get to prevent this from happening.  The funds we receive go directly
into pulling and vetting GSDs that may be facing the fate this poor GSD
endured.

Bury your heads???? Yes, it is "sad"; not something we want to hear about;
we all want to hear about beautiful litters, wonderful show wins, great fun
at dog shows BUT there is a "seamy" side to some of this fun and as GSD
breeders and exhibitors we should be concerned about both sides of our
"fun".

Please remember Last Hope Safe Haven with any type of donation, maybe a
memorial to a beloved animal, or a celebration donation for winning that
elusive major on our show dog.  Yes, the dogs we are saving are not show
dogs, they may be mangy, had ill treatment, or just thrown away but they are
OUR breed....we can educate the public and this we are doing but we can't
make owners do the "right thing" all the time.

The holidays are upon us; lots of fun, excitement, parties, presents, etc.
so hopefully our GSD family will remember a "branch" of the family -- Last
Hope Safe Haven, Inc.

Bless all of you that continue to give us the hope and courage to continue.

Pat Lukos
Secretary, Last Hope Safe Haven, Inc.