[ SHOWGSD-L ] PETA USING DEATH OF POPE TO FURTHER AGENDA

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 11:22:14 EDT

In a message dated 4/5/05 10:19:45 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
WLFHRTGSD@xxxxxxx writes:
PETA is  grateful that His Holiness  spoke out so beautifully for animals and
 their souls, and we hope  that his successor will also speak out for them
with the same love  and compassion. Catholics can honor his teachings by
incorporating  compassion for animals more fully in their own   lives.

Just because PETA says it, does not make it wrong.  Even PETA can get
something right. The idea to treat animals with compassion and dignity does
strike
a chord in me.  I see nothing wrong in believing animals have souls,  or even
people if that is your thing.

Don't condemn everything said by someone if you don't like them, or
everything an organization does just because you don't agree with their
actions.  One
of the reasons PETA does so well is that the idea of treating animals
ethically is not such a bad idea.  They just take it too far, and have no
tolerance
for those who do not agree.

Like so much in life, when you take it to the extreme is when you  create
problems.

We should treat our dogs with reason, compassion and care. Were we to do
otherwise, we would not be enjoying them as we do.

Evan

_Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together