[ SHOWGSD-L ] PAWS- Send me info

  • From: "Cynthia Gialluca" <CYNECAGSD@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 02:57:18 -0500

I know we have a lot of people that have tons to say about the proposed PAWS
bill.  I recently put together an article for our newsletter about it and asked
some that I had seen that had been saying a great deal and had been looking
into it to send me what they had.  Now something has come up.
I had forgotten that a friend of mine is, I believe the news director, or
director of information, of series of western TV stations (NBC affiliates, LV,
Reno, Arizona, and others I dont remember at the moment), and I happened to be
reading the list and talking to him at the same time when I came across an
email about it.  I made some kind of comment just in passing (again I had
forgotten about his position in this news syndicate).  He proceeded to ask me
more about it, and I gave him a brief overview of what we had been discussing
here.

He has asked me to compile information, emails and contacts concerning the
issue, and he plans to turn it over to his investigative office for them to
look into closer, and see if there is a story in it.  Now we all know there is,
and I think this is JUST the kind of thing that is needed to get our message
across.  Of course in the name of objectivity in reporting, he is interested in
both sides of the issue.  I have told him that I can probably flood him with
contacts from the breeders side, and that the best I can do for getting him the
other view is give him the info on the senator who is pushing this, as well as
the contact info for AKC.

He told me that this was the first he had heard of the issue, and that he could
see that it would impact a great many people.  He is really interested in
taking a closer look.  So, here is your chance.  Send me your info privately
please and keep in mind that he must deal in facts, not emotion.  I'll forward
it from there.  Also please include contact information in case he or his staff
wants to talk to you first hand.

Cindy Gialluca