[ SHOWGSD-L ] PARADE POLL STARTS over (explanation from editor) vote now

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 16:20:19 EDT

I copied parts of the page.   remember, you can comment on the site (329
comments at this point:-) , scroll to the bottom
http://tinyurl.com/34wydq

Vote in our poll. (Editor's Note: Due to the overwhelming response to our
poll and the strain on our servers, we're utilizing a different technology to
record your votes. The results before the switch are as follows (prior to
3/27/2008): Yes: 22% No: 78% - based on 41,798 responses.)
thank you for voting!
Yes 5% (53 votes)
No 95% (1012 votes)
Total Votes: 1065
Return To Poll
PollDaddy.com
 Thanks , i needed a good laugh;
posted:03/27/2008 03:45:PM
 Wow; that was a very dramatic and emotional comment.. Take a tissue, dry
your tears, there will still be animals.. yes even forever; there is no "animal
hating idiots" as you say to come steal the genetic code.. No one's trying to
do that. We are hoping for exceptions to the rule; such as responsible
breeders, working dogs, ect. Bottom line; We are trying to find a solution to
prevent
irresponsible pet owners that end up with litters that find an unfortunate
fate. We are trying to protect animals..not Erase them from earth ! ha ha Get a
handle on your emotions and lets see if we can work together.
â?¡   RE:   by  Myah  You are apparen...
 You are apparently one of the unaware
posted:03/27/2008 04:01:PM
 There is no compromise. The only compromise the AR folks offer is you giving
up your rights as an animal owner. There are NO exemptions and none are
planned. People with elderly dogs are being threatened with losing them because
they don't have their spay proof. People with ill dogs are being refused
licenses
because they know giving a rabies shot will kill their pet. People with valid
breeder licenses are being told they will not be renewed and that anyone can
come into their home any time and decide to 'inspect them'. MANDATORY spay
neuter has no compromises in it. Now I'm all for helping out the poor people
who
love their pets but cannot afford to spay or neuter. I'm all for shelters
getting up off their donation game and placing animals instead of killing them.
But mandatory spay neuter is genocide plain and simple. As the ONLY ultimate
game plan from the AR side of things is ZERO interaction between animals and
people all the folks who are fooled into this by claiming its 'for the animals
good' are working to eliminate pet ownership. If animals have rights why don't
they have the right to reproduced? Why don't they have the right to be rehomed
instead of killed by the folks who are supposedly offering them shelter?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3R-3JWv-FE If mandatory spay neuter is put in
place
there is no way there will be animals available as amazingly enough if all the
pets are sterilized its one generation and out just like the proponents of
animal rights want.
 Negative Effects
by   Karen   posted:03/27/2008 02:33:PM
 There are many ill effects from spay/neuter, such as death of a beloved pet
from anesthesia and significant behavioral and health risks, such as
osteosarcoma (bone cancer), cardiac hemangiosarcoma, obesity, hypothyroidism,
progressive geriatric cognitive impairment, prostate cancer, urinary tract
cancers,
orthopedic disorders, urinary incontinence in female dogs, and other issues.
This
should be a decision made by the pet owner with their veterinarian. Early
spay/neuter for 4 month old dogs and cats is comparable to hysterectomies for 3
year old girls and vasectomies for 3 year old boys. There will be a lack of
hormones for mental and physical development. There are many assistance,
hunting
and other working dog breeds that can�t be spayed or neutered because it
ruins their basic working capabilities. This is supported in a study by Canine
Companions for Independence. Most working breeds can�t be evaluated for
capabilities until they are close to 2 years old.
http://www.caninesports.com/SpayNeuter.html
â?¡   RE:   by  MARY  Karen - Your re...
 Karen - Your refreshing.
posted:03/27/2008 03:06:PM
 Although I am in agreement with the mandatory law to nueter, and I may not
agree with every single fact in your paragraph / You do have some valuble words
and i appreciate what you are saying. Thank you. Peace.
Add Comment   | View All Comments  Total:329

Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video on AOL
Home.
      (http://home.aol.com/diy/home-improvement-eric-stromer?video=15&
ncid=aolhom00030000000001)