[ SHOWGSD-L ] P & P

  • From: "Joan Fox" <campaigners@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 11:01:32 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

The description of the P and P is on line and and may be read and/or printed
from the web site version. It now is a tome of 184 pages and growing.

It has nothing to do with the BOG, never has, and I can't do anything until
I receive the approved minutes. To clarify, we have a meeting, minutes are
taken, sent to the Board for us to read and edit if needed and then at the
next Board meeting we approve them. Then I can add to the P & P.

I will be happy to send my report of the major changes done over the last 2
years if anyone wants it. I will be doing a year end report for the National
meeting in October  and included are all Board mandated changes, committee
job descriptions, a new Board Members Orientation Guide, and I went back
through 6 years of minutes to try  and be sure all was included. Every page
was retyped and double checked for errors and I and my new Ass. Chair Michel
Ebertin and I are still finding  and redoing verbiage and typing errors and
adjusting it to be more user friendly.

 All the contracts were updated and redone and LaMar Fredericks and Bill
Pfeiffer were advisors and of great help. Bill got the present version up on
line and Michel is working hard to get the PDF version and another huge
revision will be available shortly. We even have a real index for the first
time ever!

This has all resulted in a significant savings to the club as the costs of
mailing and printing every 4 months was substantial. I printed over 12,000
pages in my kitchen.

Now the document is free to any member  that wishes to have it. Another
example of inclusion not exclusion.

I was very pleased to receive a letter from Ted Beckhardt this winter
praising my efforts to bring the P&P not only up to date but to make it a
better  and more useable tool for the members, committee chairs and the
Board. I was amazed to find that at one time a committee was appointed to
try and do this job and they could not get it together. If I had known that
I might not have tackled this job!

Actually, I am very proud of the job I have done for the club.

Joan Fox
Policy and Procedures Chairman