[ SHOWGSD-L ] Oxytocin

  • From: "Wayne Ewart" <shephaven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gsdenthusiasts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 10:59:02 -0300

Morning Folks
I want to thank everyone for all the e-mails we got concerning the use of
oxytocin.
As I said before, we have used it for years without any problem, and everyone,
to a person agreed with me. But when our Vet said there were now some big
problems with it's use, we took her word for it and it cost us 4 puppies.
I guess her theory was, "if they have a problem, get them in to the clinic so
we can get their money"
First of all, we are almost an hour away, and secondly, as this was a middle of
the night litter (as usual) I doubt she would have gotten out of bed to come in
anyway. And even if she did I would be afraid of what it would have cost us.
She has been our Vet for quite a while and knows us well, and as a breeder
herself, of Labradors but still a breeder, we trusted her. Big mistake. We have
paid them a lot of money over the years but that is over.
I guess they really needed the money and their bank account was more important
than the well being of our dogs.
BTW they have give us oxytocin many time before but apparently decided this
time they needed the money.
I must say that this seems to be the attitude of a lot of the Vets up this way.
I don't know what it is like in other areas but that seems to be the way it is
up here.
Now, the few hundred dollars they thought they would make over this will now
cost them thousands in the long run. We certainly don't mind paying, but we do
expect good service and honesty, especially from someone that we put our trust
in for so long (and paid so much money to)
So now the search is on for a new Vet.
Wayne & Lynne