[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Ovulation detectors

  • From: Morton Goldfarb <janandmort@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "E.G. Baker" <shadowbrooktx@xxxxxxx>, "Showgsd-@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 08:56:52 -0600

Hi Gene
Your question about litmus paper to determine ovulation I am familiar BUT we
have always relied on changes in anatomy -- the vulva-- and sorry to say the
odor from the female and the will of the male
Not a huge breeding kennel but
We whelped 26 litters at home all with natural cover and no AI or progesterone
testing -- just lucky I guess!!
I do understand "times are a changing" and the need for more scientific
diagnostic testing and the need for AI due to logistics safety etc
I worry at times that our breeding stock will lose the natural instinct and
even the ability to breed naturally.
In Germany NO AI IS ALLOWED EVER and thus the huge interest in top Germans
studs that have been sold to countries that will send semen which is logical .
We have collected our males and will continue to do so now!
I will pursue the device in the discussion and Edie Trocki is the contact
person and I will call her soon and get her feedback
Thanks and hope you and Joy are great
Morton

"In the end it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many
moments took your breath away"

Morton Goldfarb,M.D. FACS
CEO ENT ASSOC OF AL, PC

http://showgsd.org/mail.html