[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Outdoor National

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: ketchy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 14:51:54 EDT

Oh Penny we had some great ones outdoors, but when the weather was bad it
was really bad.
I recall one at the Guild INN in Scarboro that was rainy, very muddy, cold
and just plain nasty.  Pretty place but not when the winds over the bluffs
and the rain hit.  I had 3 pairs of shoes with me and all were soaked  and
mud.  Had to drive home in bare feet because my shoes kept  slipping off the
pedal!  LOL  Right up there (but not quite as bad) as  the one in Lexington.
Another in Fort Erie we drowned while sitting in lawn chairs!  Fred M
judged and had a big poncho on and hat and had water dripping off his  chain.
The dogs slushed around, no gaiting that day.

The dogs may not be so delicate, but no way would I ever again want to be
outside trying to enjoy the nationals sitting in that.  Am sure a lot of us
'older' folks would be in agreement....and aren't we all getting a bit
older???  VBG
Molly

In a message dated 8/18/2010 1:39:24 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
ketchy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I have  to hand it to the Canadians!  I don't know if they still do it,
but late 70s-early 80s, I was able to go to their Nationals--they  were
outside and SUPER.  They seemed uncomplicated, running  like well-oiled
machines.  EVERYONE had a good time.   Great shows, for dogs, handlers,
exhibitors and  spectators!!