[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Oppose German Shepherd Dog Standard Revision coat, colo...

  • From: Falkrigia@xxxxxxx
  • To: lindabankhead44@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 13:29:46 -0400 (EDT)

Well, maybe that's what they really need to change :-) Would certainly be a
 sensible answer to this situation.
lynda

Gene Workman/  Lynda Bragg-Workman

In a message dated 10/28/2013 1:28:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight  Time,
lindabankhead44@xxxxxxxxx writes:

The AKC no longer accepts  varieties.

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 1:27 PM, <_Falkrigia@aol.com_
(mailto:Falkrigia@xxxxxxx) > wrote:

Why not make the white GSD a variety within our breed - not  in competition
with the standard colors - or a separate breed designation  altogether? You
have varieties within many breeds and separate breed  standards for some.
Not sure which but I think the long, wire and  short-haired dachshunds are
all dachshunds but are shown as separate breeds  whereas cockers have
'varieties' while collies have smooths as a separate  breed.

I have no problem with whites competing in performance  events at the
National and attaining the OV title if they earned it - which  this dog did and
think if they were an approved 'variety' that would  allow them to compete
in performance to the highest titles without causing  such an uproar, as is,
over things being feared  in the breed.
lynda

Gene Workman/ Lynda  Bragg-Workman

America.............the Home of the Free........because  of the Brave !!

Share our passions......
German Shepherds - show  and performance
Horses - show and pleasure
Woodworking and  Crafting.......at _www.falkrigiashepherds.com_
(http://www.falkrigiashepherds.com/)

Visit  our business locations at _www.wabragg.com_
(http://www.wabragg.com/)
The wholesale supplier for all your  plumbing, irrigation, electrical and
appliance  needs

Visit rescues we work with  at
Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue - Training Director
http://oldfella.org/

In a message dated 10/28/2013 12:15:38 P.M. Eastern  Daylight Time,
_lindabankhead44@gmail.com_ (mailto:lindabankhead44@xxxxxxxxx)   writes:

Anne, the membership had NO say so in allowing  animals with a disqualifying
fault the title of Obedience Victor,  Herding Victor, etc and other
performance events in 2013.  This is  because the premium list was re worded
to accommodate whites and making  them eligible. We will have  White GSD on
our Review cover in the  coming months, the Obedience Victor despite the
founders of these  awards desiring it be special for GSD dogs without o DQ.
Then the  membership voted this year, the PC wanted us to allow ILP's
eligible  for our National Titles. (which would allow whites). The
membership  voted and said NO.

This is now THE THIRD time the PC is trying to  circumvent the wishes of the
membership.  We can protest at the  AKC level NOW and not risk it going to
ballot; while supporters join  our club and try to swing the vote by the
time it reaches the  membership.

I know white GSD owners love their dogs just as much as  we love our dogs.
I would hug and care for any color GSD, but to change  a white from a DQ to
a serious fault serves NO purpose to improve our  breed.  No reputable
breeder would breed to a dog with a serious  fault and no reputable handler
would take someones money to show it for  them.  The White GSD standard
change is about revenues, and that  is NOT a valid reason to change the
standard.

JMO and stirring  the pot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   LOL LOL (inside  joke!)

Linda Bankhead

http://www.petitions24.com/oppose_german_shepherd_dog_standard_revision_coat_color_and_dq
>  >

>  > POST is Copyrighted 2012.  All material remains the property of  the
> original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO  REPRODUCTIONS or
FORWARDS
> of any kind are permitted without prior  permission of the original author
> AND of the Showgsd-l Management.  ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
> >
> > Each Author is responsible  for the content of his/her post.  This group
> and its  administrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions
>  expressed in any post.
> >
> > ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE  THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN
> ANY MANNER OF ANY  MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
> PERMISSION  OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS
EXPRESSLY
>  FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL
 BE

_admin@showgsd.org_ (mailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx)
>  >
> > VISIT OUR WEBSITE - _http://showgsd.org_ (http://showgsd.org/)