[ SHOWGSD-L ] Openness (was the pink Elephant :-)

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 21:36:31 EDT

Gail,

The membership IS NOT BAD. The "17" are not bad, they are doing what  they
are entitled to do as members, questioning the Board and asking them to be
accountable. So if 17 members are willing to take a stand, for the  entire
membership, even those who cant be bothered, or don't understand, don't  hold
it
against them.  They are fighting for you too, you know?  We  don't need any
more
antagonizing, specially not from a board member. We expect  more, and better,
from our leadership.

And please, lets not confuse a legitimate complain with a lawsuit. They  each
have their merits, and yet are quite different.
IF the Board and the  Executive Committee had less secrets, less closed
meetings and MORE common  sense, we as a Club wouldn't be in the bloody mess we
are
in now.

I take your word as GUARANTEE that we are having a normal Annual General
Meeting. I guess you have the "good" information, since the rest of the
information seems to be so "poor".  I thank you for going out on a limb
assuring us
that the meeting will not be cut short, that it will be business as  usual.

I am sure that as a Board member and running candidate you not only agree
with, but support the stand of "those 17".  After all, you were  instrumental
in
trying to reach a good solution. But not even you could get thru  some of you
r fellow board members. Or is that a secret too?

Thanks for your openness.

Ileana

Gail Hardcastle <hardcastle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The membership  is not bad (well perhaps 17 or so) and we are having the
annual meeting.  Consider the source when you grab on to poor information.
The Board is not  in place to fear anyone, but to represent the good
membership in promoting  the German Shepherd Dog.
Gail