[ SHOWGSD-L ] Only you can prevent hostility

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 10:17:31 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 12/7/11 7:25:50 PM Pacific Standard Time,
stormy435@xxxxxxxxx writes:

yes,  there ARE Mean and nasty people in the world.  I fight them daily
as my "job" fighting animal rights nutsos.  But then there are  those
wonderful people by my side who are supportive and we join  arms and
fight on!

Everyone sees the world in their own way.  It is hard to understand,  by
those of us who love the breed, enjoy the sport and have so many great
friends in shepherds, that the sport is not for everyone.

It takes a real temperament, and I mean on the exhibitor not the dog, to
enjoy this breed. The German shepherd has always been one of the top most
popular breeds, and so it will have all kinds of people involved.

If you want to find negativity, it is sure there. If you want to find kind
honest people, they are there too. If you want to laugh, have fun and enjoy
the  sport, you can do that easily. But, if you want to find people who
will bitch  about the breed, complain about judging, tell you only the big
names can win,  bring you down, or that you have no chance, you can find that
too.

I am involved in a number of groups. The International Brotherhood of
Magicians, the Model A Ford Club of America, The California State Bar, the
German Shepherd Dog Club of America and the Collie Club of America. I find  the
divergence of attitude in all groups. Only you can decide where you want to
fit in, and what your role will be.

It is a clear truth that not everyone should show dogs.  Not everyone
should own a German shepherd, and not everyone should compete.

You will find that you get out of the sport exactly what you put in. I know
 some people that revel in negativity, and I find them amusing.

But, it is will known that I am nuts, and that seems to be a truth.   If
you want to find fault in everything, or find a reason to quit, or complain,
and try to convince me of that, I will drive you crazy.  But, that is your
choice.  All we can do is encourage others to listen to us, we can't make
them accept.

Only those who want to enjoy the breed, the club and the sport should
involve themselvs.  It is an option not a necessity.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together