[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Old Yeller!

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 09:20:38 -0600

Another excellent book is "Where the Red Fern Grows"... Yet another book where
everyone cries but what an excellent book...

It's about a boy back in the 30's who saves his money to purchase two "hounds".
He lives down in the Ozarks and these hounds are his best friends (Old Dan &
Little Ann are their names)...  It takes you through the trials and
tribulations of life with these two dogs in the day and the end is wonderful,
but it is a very emotional book and EXCELLENT reading - I first heard it many
moons ago when a grade school teacher read it to our class (darned, can't
remember the year) and now I own a tattered, but beloved copy of it.. Might
have to drag it out again!
Jess M.Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)& The Shepherd Girls (Simmie, CGC,
TDI, TC, HIC & Pepper, HIC)Member of: DCA, GSDCA & GTCDC