[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Oklahoma - Woman, dog honored for work with children

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: murk@xxxxxxxxxxx, cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 09:03:45 EDT

I've experienced the same with children from Special Equestrians.   Brings
tears just remembering.....

In a message dated 5/24/2007 8:46:47 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
murk@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Cyndy,
I had 2 different non verbal Autistic kids  speak after just 2-3 visits
with Jerry Lee. It rips the heart out of all  that is present! Mo

> The Oklahoman
> By Ann  DeFrange
> Staff Writer
> The girl was labeled a "selective mute."  Traumatized as an infant, she
> chose
> not to speak to people  for seven years of her childhood. Her first words,
> when they came,  were directed to a big, furry German shepherd who listened
>  carefully.
>
> The boy was autistic. Typical of that disorder, he  shunned human contact
> and
> the touch of other people. When the  dog approached him, he wrapped his
> arms
> around her and  nuzzled his face in her side with a rare sense of safety.
> The two  children represent the special education students taught by the
>  therapy team of Terri Smith

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds