[ SHOWGSD-L ] Ohio Hell...it's EVERYWHERE

  • From: "RivendellP" <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 10:45:27 -0700

"Listers"...
2 years ago...Wayne Pacelle who is now the CEO of HSUS...began implementation
of a massive legislative juggernaut against companion animal breeders/owners.
We are feeling the brunt of that plan and it will only get worse. And...with
each success they gain valuable allies and stature that they are on the right
tack.

Ohio, California, New Mexico, Kentucky, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Florida,
Texas...it doesn't matter and the new 1000 # gorilla is MSN...Mandatory Spay &
Neuter. MSN is the "death knell" to the Pure Bred Dog Fancy and the sport of
Pure Bred Dogs as we know it.

New pro pet groups are being formed and some are resurrecting themselves from
the ashes of past wars. PETPAC CA has been able to unite groups in our state
and get them to cooperate and make donations fighting AB 1634. The Fancy does
react well when faced with these problems but we must become "proactive" if we
have any chance to defeat the ARO Juggernaut.

We need a Champion and we need Money. In the past I have urged you all to join
the NAIA. Now NAIA is going National and will be opening offices around the
country. This could be great in creating an umbrella organization we all can
join. We need PClubs, Specialty Clubs, AB clubs, Sportsmen's clubs, and anyone
who has a vested interest in keeping our pets alive and well. Money is so
important, too. We are getting our clocks cleaned by groups that have 7 figure
budgets. HSUS will bring in over $100 MILLION dollars this year and use most of
it to pass MSN all over the US. They pay for lobbyist's that advance the ARO
legislation. They contribute to the Levine (sponsor of AB 1634) campaign and
they keep turning out anti breed/breeder legislation. The Fancy must pay to
play from this day forward or our games will be over for good.

I have seen some really positive changes tho...really, really, positive. People
on "Da List" have rallied and "remain committed" to ensuring our fancy's
continuation. Our PClub is supporting and financing our efforts unlike previous
Officers & Boards. And...while it's still not 50-50 the media is starting to
report the true ideals and goals of the ARO's and their minions.

These are good things but the purpose of this post is to get more and more of
you involved. We need committed individuals to match the opposition and
financial support as well...If we don't do these things...there will be no need
for a PClub in the not so far away future.

Paul-RALEEF

Visit Rivendell on "Da Web" www.diablokp.com