[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Observations......

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: uwish@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 09:03:37 EDT

In a message dated 4/25/2005 8:39:39 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
uwish@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Fronts  were short on some, reaching from the elbow,
or reaching from a not  properly laid back shoulder that was pushed up to
much.
You see a lot of that.  The scary thing is that you see it in (some)  moving
pictures in the Review too, so while some folks give correct fronts "lip
service", it's obvious some folks don't know what a good front is...or else why

use a picture of a dog moving from the elbow?

Hey, you know what would be a good Review idea....remember Glamour  Magazine,
they used to take snap shots of people on the street, what they were  wearing
for a particular season, put a black box over their eyes or head, and
labeled the snap shot "Glamour DO" or "Glamour DON'T"?  I wonder if there  is a
way
to do the dogs in black & white and/or shield their identity enough  to have a
"GSD DO", GDS DON'T" feature?

Rears  were lovely, mostly clean coming and going.  This all being
said, my  main observation which disturbed me and I found consistent
throughout the  classes......  I didn't see one loose lead moving dog.

It goes back to the who the judge is, what they'll accept and what they put
up in spite of "asking" for a loose lead.  After a while you know who means
business and who doesn't.... plus after one class of someone who WASN'T
following directions going up, the handlers know the score.  And... I have  no
idea
where you were yesterday Barbara, so my comments aren't directed at a
particular judge.

Kathy
three generations of Champions live  here!
visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_