[ SHOWGSD-L ] OT:military mascots

  • From: Erynbrook1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 21:17:26 EST

I got this on a rescue list. Perhaps some of you with military connections
will know if this is legit.
Nancie
Erynbrook German Shepherds
Front Range German Shepherd Rescue
>This an awesome effort on behalf of the men and women who not only sacrifice
so much to preserve our freedom, but also to the same men and women who have
acted as rescuers on behalf of the homeless dogs and cats that they not only
adopted, but are bringing home!!
We have some opportunities to help our canine FRIENDS of our men and women
in uniform.  Please cross post and share widely.  Let's ensure these dogs
are given the best of attention and care.
God bless the animals and the people who love and care for them.

Judy Bishop
Topeka, Kansas
(785) 862-0234
jbishop_1@xxxxxxx
: Please Crosspost - Fwd: Mascot Foster homes & Airport Greeters needed for
Soldier's dogs coming HOME]
PERMISSION TO CROSS POST:
Not a missing pet alert just some very special canines need help please. They
are coming home and need some assistance upon their arrivals.  If you know of
anyone that can help these mascots coming home to the airports listed below,
please contact...  www.militarymascots.org    Thank you for your help....
Hugs, Jo

  Chicago O'hare International - Chicago, IL
 Los Angeles International - Los Angeles, CA
 San Diego International Lindbergh Field - San Diego, CA
 San Francisco International - San Francisco, CA Miami International -
Miami, FL
 Tampa International - Tampa, FL
 John F Kennedy International - New York, NY
 Honolulu International- Honolulu, HI
 George Bush Intercontinental - Houston, TX
 Seattle Tacoma International - Seattle, WA
 Memphis International - Memphis, TN
 Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County - Detroit, MI
The William B Hartsfield Atlanta International - Atlanta, GA
 Denver International - Denver, CO
 City Of Colorado Springs Muni - Colorado Springs, CO
 Washington Dulles International - Washington, DC
 Washington National Airport - Washington, DC

 If you are familiar with pet boarding facilities and veterinary clinic's
near  these city's could you please forward their contact information.  this is
crosspost...visit the military mascots website if you can help!

This email is sent on behalf of Military Mascots - www.militarymascots.org
We are in need of additional volunteers to greet Soldier's Mascots arriving
from  overseas at the following airports, as well as long & short term foster
homes in these city's.

**Soldier's dog needs volunteer to greet and clear customs with him in
Chicago  and put him onto a connection flight for home. "Bear" may require a
possible  ground transport towards New London, Iowa if flight embargoes are in
effect
on his arrival date.

 **Long term foster home (90+ days) needed for "Girly" a female pup from
Afghanistan while she completes the needed quarantine requirements for her to
be
able to enter Hawaii to reunite with her soldier. Girly's photo can be found
on the mascot page,  http://www.militarymascots.org/mascots.html

 To foster or greet Mascots please visit the "how to help" page of the
website and download an application and return via email.