[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: OT - the Sopranos

  • From: Karen C. <kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 16:58:21 -0400

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 16:08:18 -0400, Peggy
<pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:=20

>I know nothing of the Blair Witch Project except there
>were some TV commercials with people holding
>flashlights under their chins like we did as kids at camp.

I normally don't like horror films, but BWP was an
interesting movie for the intentionally shaky camera
work as well as for the things they DON'T show. I
won't spoil it except to say that the movie tells us about
an urban legend and makes certain we know exactly
what the "witch" supposedly did to a bunch of lost
children. The movie "sets the table" so to speak and
then the very last scene leaves us, the viewers, to
imagine exactly what dinner was served. Very creepy!
I loved that about the film and wasn't real pleased to
see David Chase copy the idea.

Oh well... Life goes on (and on and on), right?  ;)
--
Karen C.
Email: kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx