[ SHOWGSD-L ] OT - Outlook Express Problems

  • From: <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 12:26:45 -0400

Has anyone using Outlook Express experienced this?

In Windows XP, after you close Outlook Express(OE) 100 times, you are asked
if you want to compress the mail folders.  I made the huge mistake of
answering "yes."

After OE attempted the compression, I discovered weeks worth of my Inbox
messages were missing.  I recovered some of the messages off my DSL provider
email server, but not all messages were left on the server.

This has happened twice, and it's bugging the heck out of me!  If anyone
has had this happen and knows if it's possible to recover these missing
messages, I'd appreciate hearing from them.

BTW, I did do some research and found that there are problems with the
compression program, and one should either move important messages to a user
created folder or *never* say "yes" to compressing the folders.  (Folders
created by the user aren't compressed.)

Paulette McGuirt, GSDCA Member
Allemande German Shepherd Dogs
Qui Me Amat, Amat et Canem Meam