[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: OOOOPS Why do we need larger nationals?

  • From: Erynbrook@xxxxxxx
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 20:28:09 EDT

Hit the wrong button too soon - sorry. As I was saying before I so rudely cut
myself off, for many of us it is not so much about the quantity as the
quality. Unfortunately when fewer dogs are exhibited at the national, the fancy
loses out on the opportunity to see the dogs "in real life." I go to watch the
dogs, with an eye to finding a stud dog who knocks my socks off. I also go to
watch the progeny of both dogs and bitches, and to get an idea of who is
producing what, or what combinations are producing exceptionally nice dogs. I
LOVE it
when I have a dog good enough to be really competetive at the national level,
but most years I go to see what is happening within our breed.
So Evan I agree it should not be about money (although breaking even is to be
desired), but the more dogs that get to the national, the more the whole
breed will benefit.

Wouldn't it?

Susan Casey
Erynbrook German Shepherds and