[ SHOWGSD-L ] Now it's "CHAMPION" MASSTANA'S HALEY'S COMET!

  • From: MASSTANA@xxxxxxx
  • To: WITMS@xxxxxxx, marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, murfamx4@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 23:08:35 EDT

Today at the Putnam Kennel Club, Haley earned her last point.  She  started
with a 3 point major under Charlie Mardez, then a 5 point  major under
Sandi Card, 6 points (after a litter) at all breed shows with  me on her, and
today Fred Freeman offered to take her in and she won beating  another
beautiful bitch with 3 majors, needing 2 more points to finish.  We  had lost
the other bitch the day before so it was nice to win today.  We  went in at
around 9 am before the major part of the heat hit, so it wasn't too  bad.
Haley went BOB as well but we really didn't have an interest in  staying
another 3 hours in that heat waiting for the Group.  It was  forecasted to
reach
96 degrees with very high humidity (not good for old folks  like me or for
the dog, I am sure.).

So now we can start showing her puppies, Masstana's Midnight Kiss (1st
Senior Futurity Bitch at the NE Fut) and Masstana's Midnight Celebration (1st
Senior Futurity Bitch at the Mid Atlantic Fut).  Another one out of that
litter (Masstana's Mariah the Party's On) owned by Glen Murphy, already has a
4  point major and recently earned a 3 point major reserve  under Pam
Strosser (sp???) shown in just a few shows.

Haley is out of Marhaven's Southern Lights, a Sel Ch Elvastons Southern
Byrne ROM X Jericho's Avant Gard D'Arte ROM daughter and her sire was Sel Ch
Witmer's Jamiroquai ROM.

Big thank you to the judge (Sulie Greendale-Paveza) for pointing her
finger at Haley today and of course to Fred who took her in and did a great job

with her.  Also big thanks go to Haley's special handler who guided her to
both her majors, Sean Conboy.

John & Nancy V
_www.masstana.com_ (http://www.masstana.com)