[ SHOWGSD-L ] Not so much of a strange coincidence in the select rankings.

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 16:11:51 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 10/3/11 11:06:20 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
michel@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Looking  at the select dogs Sel#8 to Sel#19 are in perfect catalog order
with
the WD  bringing up the rear..
That being the case those should just be  listed as Select with no number as
a number does not seem to mean anything  beyond the first few at the front.
Or should they all be listed as Select  #8 -- since they seem to be equal.
Something to think  about...

Ed has always said, that except for the first four or five, the rest of the
 Selects are the same in his mind. In other words he elimated what he did
not  feel was Select quality and gave the rest the title. He didn't both to
rearrange  them, as to Ed, they are equal.

I think if you don't plan to go within the first five or six dogs at the
national, and Ed is judging enter early.

I do understand the idea that the number 8 Select is not two Selects times
better than the number 10, who is five times better than the number 15.  I
get Ed's point.

So, after he decided on the first four or five, he didn't bother to arrange
 the rest.  Iget the point. I don't know if I would have spent more time
deciding who is 16 or 17 Select. But, no one asked me to either.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together