[ SHOWGSD-L ] Not so fast

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 13:10:56 -0400 (EDT)

I agree with Ken, but as I understand it, the Germans did not allow coats
to be shown in regular classes, and the special coat stock does not compete
in  the normal shows. Maybe I have that wrong.  I spend little time in
subjects  that do not interest me.

The point should be, not what anyone else does, but what is best for our
breed.

When the handlers complained that at the Futurities the amateur could not
compete with the professionals, they came up with an amateur class, and a
different show.

If the Long Coats can't compete with the standard, they now are suggesting
we have a separate class so they don't have to compete in the class with
the  standard dogs.

I see a pattern here.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and  Temperament come  together

In a message dated 6/20/12 8:13:06 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
tanksr@xxxxxxxxx writes:

We don't  need to do what the Germans or anyone else does, but if someone
has an idea  that brings in new people wouldn't it be a good idea to at
least consider  it? I don't have any ego about copying an idea that  works.