[ SHOWGSD-L ] Not every opinion is right

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "ELG440@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 20:53:01 -0400 (EDT)

Not every judge knows of what they say, and each has their own  opinion.

I would not be impressed by any one judge or what they say, without
knowing more.

I remember a bitch I showed in 1982.  A well respected judge gave her
ninth place in the open class out of nine being shown.

Two weeks later she went to the National and went winners bitch out of
American Bred, and went on to number two Select that show.

So, each opinion is just that. Evaluate your own, consider who the judge or
 exhibitor is, and then do what you feel is best.

My current Grand Champion Select dog is being campaigned in the all-breed
ring now.  He has 14 Best of Breeds, a Group 1,2,3, and 4.  So far it  seems
to be going well.

Listen to everyone, but reject those who you feel aren't correct.

Evan

In a message dated 6/4/2014 5:33:37 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
jolisgsd@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I would  have been quite satisfied with how things went except that
the judge told  her handler as she handed him the third place ribbon --
"once she fills out  a bit, you might try the all-breed  ring."

http://showgsd.org/mail.html