[ SHOWGSD-L ] Not Support AKC?

  • From: "Robert George" <bruiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-L" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 11:38:38 -0600

I hope all of you realize that AKC is a business....they are in business
to make money not lose it...If income from litter registrations & puppy
registrations drop, they will make it up someplace else.  The other main
source of their income is dog shows(conformation & performance).....If
there is a significient drop the income from registrations for 2 or 3
years, AKC will then raise the application fee to hold dog shows and
also raise the fee to record the results.....Clubs are going to pass on
this raise in fees......the only ones with enough reserve funds will be
All Breed Clubs & Parentt Clubs  then entry fees will double or
triple..that will limit entries greatly.................AKC sets the
rules, eeither play by the rules or don't play...there is nothing you
can do to change AKC........tilting at windmills does not accomplish
anything
Judy
Judsohn German Shepherds
judsohngsd.@xxxxxxx
Visit our website   judsohngsd.com

But Judy (and everyone), here's the thing.  Who cares if they raise the
fees for dog shows or not?  If no one registers their dogs, they won't
be going to shows anyway.

And furthermore, if no one registers litters to withdraw support from
the AKC, then no one can get an ILP to compete in performance either
because wouldn't that be supporting the AKC too?  I mean you pay for the
ILP and for the show entries, right?

The whole concept seems rather flawed.  Also, if that's the way everyone
was to go this list would cease to exist as well.  Maybe a new list
could be formed or something.  We could call it "The cut off our nose to
spite ourselves list" of maybe the "I Love to show dogs but can't
because the AKC Bites" list or something.

Yep, the whole concept of not registering dogs with the AKC, and
withholding registrations papers to limit support of the AKC seems
rather flawed to me.  But that's JMO.

Evan, isn't there something else we can discuss?  What's on the
schedule?

-Bob George

Enchanted Vista, Home of:
Sam of the Rocks, Ch Rocknoll Ajax Nike Clayfield CD, Alkay's Black
Velvet, Jerrwen's Southern Belle, and Jerrwen's Georgiana