[ SHOWGSD-L ] Norman Seldes...

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 16:06:40 EDT

Peggy was having a problem posting the following to the list, so I am
forwarding this for her....
----------------------

OK...here's my post for/about Norm...if you would  please send it to the
list for me............I'd appreciate  it.

Norm was a real Renaissance man.  I think I  met him first back in the
60s...and then years went by without  my going to GSD events...when I finally
saw him  again, it was at an all-breed show.....he stopped by my ring to speak
to me....he just couldn't understand why I was  judging terriers!  He also
wanted to know if
I still didn't think "going for crabs" was the  most wonderful
pastime........how he ever  remembered that, I don't "do" crabs,  I'll  never
know--but
he did,.   Of course, one of his great  pleasures was "going for crabs" with
everybody  when we had the summer specialties in Maryland and Virginia---he
really enjoyed those get-togethers......he'd  always ask me if I was going
to come, and he'd laugh at me when he asked...knowing I'd go but not join
in.

          If there were people he didn't like, they probably didn't
know...he was  too much of a gentleman to show it.
    Once in a while you could get  him to talk about his time in the
military....he joined the Army (I  think it was the Army) a year before Pearl
Harbor........so he was quite a bit older than oh, so many of  us --but he
could tell  stories..............

          Things  change all the time, I know.  One of the changes I've
noticed in  the past couple of years is his absence from  some of the shows
where he'd been a fixture for so very  long..............his absence was
noticed...........and now, we won't see him again.  He  was a "one of," and we
won't see his like again.

       I hope he  took his camera and equipment with him...they'll need it
at the big dog  show in the sky...
and that's where we'll meet  again..........

Peggy

Molly

Trillia German Shepherds  since 1972 ph 409-287-3940
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont  (recording secretary), Life member
CKC
"The greatest discovery of any  generation is that a human being
can alter his life by altering his  attitude"-William  James
**************Limited Time Offers: Save big on popular laptops at Dell
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221354145x1201369495/aol?redir=http:%2F
%2Fad.doubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B215221161%3B37268813%3By)