[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: No Responses? Proper Rears

  • From: EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx
  • To: chsweetsun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:13:36 EST

In a message dated 3/22/2005 7:10:55 AM Eastern Standard Time,
chsweetsun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> Apparently NO ONE feels we have a problem in Toe Dragging rears....WOW,
> only one person responded.
> I am so glad you all have "cleaned up your act"....
> Tari

  Sorry Teri truth of the matter is I don't know how to clean up rears. Only
thing I can see to do is NOT breed bitches that drag their toes and don't
breed to dogs that drag their toes. As far as being able to figure out what is
the
structural fault that causes this problem you got me I don't know.  I have
seen dogs with extrema rears drag I have seem dogs hardly any rear drag. I have
seen long hocks drag I have seen short hocks drag. I believe it is a
neurological thing because a lot of the dogs I see dragging have dead tail BUT
I have
seen dogs that drag whose tails are fine. At this point the only answer I see
is to not use dogs that have the problem for breeding. And that is still a
problem because many dogs that drag don't do so until they are older and have
already been used for breeding. Only answer I see for sure is do the best you
can
with the information we have. Which is not much.
Fred Migliore