[ SHOWGSD-L ] New Themes

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: DaList list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 20:06:43 -0700

"out there."  And I read fast... often a couple of books a day.
So..........

Has anybody noticed the new themes in the who-done-it's books lately?
 From Vacchs to Crichton?  I read the thrillers, the mysteries, you
name it. There are pages of words about dog fighting, the horrible
situation of animals in zoos, the understanding and concern and
empathy for/of Animal Rights demonstrators.   I read about difficulty
in getting dogs licensed, lying about dog breeds, talking about
adopting rather than going to breeders.  And this is in mainstream
fiction, who-done-it books, the easy novels.    I even mistakenly
picked up a fantasy novel and the theme was in there.   What is
happening with the romance novels, science fiction novels?

We are entering into a new world and I'm thinking we need to be aware
and be ready.  It's mainstream and it's scary (to me! anyway)

Open for comments.

Stormy Hope
www.carpoc.org
AKC Legislative Liaison, GSDCA
Sunshine Squad <showgsd.org/sunshine.html)
GSDs and more