[ SHOWGSD-L ] New Question

  • From: SoilentGrn@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 23:06:27 -0500 (EST)

The shame of this whole thing is, this law looks like it is meant  for
mostly pedigreed dogs.  But I will answer what I am  pondering.
As far as I know there is no GSDCA rule against accepting a member if they
are USDA licensed breeder (although I do know of one they denied
membership).  So what makes the difference? What is ethical?  A  pet store
seller? A
broker?  or a straight sight unseen pet or  show sale sale?  Where is that
line?

What about the one bitch bred over and over  again?
What about "reputable" breeders placing unsalable dog into the rescue
program?.
So many ethical questions laws do not or cannot cover....
Lissa

Msg: #1 in digest
From: "Stormy V. Hope"  <stormy435@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: New question
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013  17:17:48 -0800

In 4 days, there will be hundreds of dog breeders that may  be covered by
the new Revised Rules and may need to be USDA licensed.  5  and more females
that are capable of breeding on your premises, remember?   And sell any as
pets sight unseen at that point and you may need to be USDA  licensed.
There is lots of controversy, discussions about that.  My  question isn’t
about that.

My question is about GSDCA accepting members  who are USDA licensed?  Do
they now?  If now, will they?
Is  it presumed that because a breeder is USDA licensed, they sell to pet
stores?  In GSDCA history, were there very good breeders who sold their  ‘
extra’ pets to pet stores?

More than one question… but

Storm