[ SHOWGSD-L ] New Orleans update..

  • From: VSabiaB@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 22:33:05 EDT

Just got this e-mail from a friend who belongs to a SAR unit and WAS going
into the New Orleans area. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I just got the call from our unit commander that our unit's search has been
called off. ALL units' searches are being called off except FEMA's, and they
are being escorted by armed National Guardsmen. The whole picture down there is
not being reported on the news media, but if you've ever seen the movie,
"Escape from New York" you may have an idea of what is going on. The looters
are
shooting SAR workers and their dogs, policemen, paramedics, National Guardsmen,
each other, anyone. I believe the media did broadcast the helicopter coming
into New Orleans and being shot at. A helicopter coming in to bring ASSISTANCE!
It is horrible beyond words. Local law enforcement does not have it under
control. They can't. We all know local policemen/women and sheriff deputies
are,
for the most part, just folks like us doing their job. (And most of them are in
survival mode like the rest of the citizens, having lost their homes too.)
They are not trained for war or terrorism and that's what it is. They have
declared Martial Law on the entire Gulf Coast. It's a nightmare beyond our
wildest
dreams. Maybe when/if they get it under control, we can go in and recover
bodies. I'm sure many of them will be dead from being shot by the damn looters.
(And I mean that literally ... the DAMN looters.) I have the "inside scoop".
very sad and scary...

Vicki
Von Charisma German Shepherds
http://members.aol.com/VAbby17801/VCGShepherds.html