[ SHOWGSD-L ] New Members

  • From: amidon@xxxxxxxxx (Barbara or DTA Amidon)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 09:45:30 -0400

I have been reading the post about how new people approach members at
shows and get the cold shoulder...My thought is ???Who did they buy
their dog from??My first shepherd I bought I went to a decent breeder
..They the breeders gave my great advice sent me to a Club and also gave
me training classes to go to..At the club I met other new puppy owners
and met with the old timers who gave great advice..We stuck together the
new puppy owners shared stories went to see other breeders and their
dogs..Bought all the dog books..Went to specialty shows where we met the
Judges at the dinners..Talked and talked and observed and learned..Cant
the new dog owners do the same..I never once felt like an outsider nor
did the old timers seem rude just knowledgeable..I didnt start breeding
until I felt secure I could handle breedings and having
puppies...Barbara Amidon another great day in Malaga

http://www.geocities.com/amberkennel