[ SHOWGSD-L ] Needs Service dog in Northern CA

  • From: "Sharon Allbright" <sharlen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 11:42:59 -0700

I had a long talk with a lady from Northern CA.  She is in a wheel chair.
Has had several German Shepherd Dogs over the years.  Needs another now
since her last one died.  She needs a healthy excellent tempered dog of
course.  She likes a larger dog she said as that works better with her being
in a wheel chair.  She has gone through heath issues with her dogs over the
years so is aware of what she needs.  She has limited funds and can get some
assistance from a service dog group but still the dog can not be expensive.
I spoke with her for a long time and she sounds great.  Smart, aware and
caring.  She lives in Benicia.
So if anyone has any suggestions or a possible dog that would work for this
lady let me know.  Her last GSD was a large male and saved her from a fire
that had just started in her home.  Only smoke at the time and the dog
barked and helped her get out of the house.
She has a good reputation and ready access to Labs and Goldens through San
Rafael but said there is no dog like a German Shepherd Dog.  She also loves
the black ones personally but that isn't an issue she said.
Sharon Allbright