[ SHOWGSD-L ] National show site

  • From: Diane Brantley <texasgsds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 18:15:10 -0700 (PDT)

If the parent club was more flexible with the show dates, we might be able to
have the National at Will Rogers in Fort Worth, TX.  Conformation, Agility,
Obedience and A course herding could all be indoors.  This is a complex of
buildings that's sole purpose is for the exhibition of animals.  It is in the
museum district and the Kimball Art Museum, the Natural History Museum (with
IMAX theater) and the Cowgirl Hall of Fame are all within walking distance.
You could go to the Ft. Worth Stockyards or depending on the time of year see a
Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Mavericks, Dallas Stars or Texas Rangers playoff game(
dream on).  There are plenty of hotels, restaurants and since the availability
of alcohol seems to be important to a lot of you, that is readily available
too. But perhaps the best thing of all is that the original Kincaid's Hamburger
place is just down the street!

The only thing that is going to stop all the back and forth about where the
National should be held is to have a virtual one(just kidding).  We just video
our dogs and submit the videos along with an entry form and fees.

Diane
BISS Ch. Echo-Cham's River Phoenix OFA H&E AKA "River"
Da-Jo's Crestview Ironman AKA "Tony"
Echo-Cham's Satin Doll AKA "Dolly"
Tejas' Not Ready To Make Nice (deceased)
DB's Kurzon Dax of Starfleet,CGC,CD, HT sheep,PT cattle, TT (deceased)
Modi, CD (deceased)