[ SHOWGSD-L ] National and more

  • From: "Nancy Harper" <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 22:30:53 -0400

A vote of thanks to all of those who worked so hard to give us a good National.
 It is no easy task to pull all of the parts together for such a big event.
Just working down on the floor with the stewards is a job and that is small
potatoes compared to what goes into putting on the entire event.
The demonstration, the honor for the 50 year members was something very
special.  The weather held out for the most part, it could have rained on us
the entire time you know.

Congratulations to all the winners, it is always a thrill.  Congratulations to
all who put great looking dogs and bitches out there.

Congrats to my home club for the Parade, the winning of the newsletter and the
Regional Challenge.  What a team!!  Club members had awards in competition
also.

Thanks to all who came and commented on Danny Boy's stud dog class.  He has
again made the top 10 for Futurity/Maturity producers. .  Thanks exhibitors for
showing his kids, I know it is a lot of extra hard work to bring them,  get
them groomed and out there.

Jamie put up the same winners dog from Canada, it was fun to see that.

I am happy to report that the Board has approved the concept of the Amateur
Futurity for all Regions for 08 PROVIDED the pilot programs in Mid West, Great
Lakes and Southern Pacific prove to be successful and workable this coming
spring.(07)   There will be an article in the Review regarding the AMATEUR
FUTURITY/MATURITY and please feel free to contact me for information regarding
this new venue.
If you nominated litters this year and I hope you did, you can show in the
Regular Futurity/Maturity and also the  AMATEUR FUTURITY just not the same dog
in both.  We hope to see more of the same litters  this way as most cannot
afford to show many from the same litter.  We will have education as each and
every Futurity thanks to Helen Gleason and hard working Dick Jones.

Best to all
Happy Thanksgiving.
Nancy / Ron and the Shepherds at Heinerburg