[ SHOWGSD-L ] National Sites

  • From: "Nancy Harper" <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 12:06:38 -0400

Lexington was considered  for the 2013 National Specialty, World Trials and
2013 Centennial.
In the end Lexington could not be used for the 2013 Trio of events because
International flights into Cincinnati were not going to be available by 2013.
International direct flights into the area are a MUST for the World Trials.
 Philadelphia was chosen for 2013 due to the availability of International
Flights directly into Philly, plus a great site for the National itself AND the
beautiful stadium in Philly . The National Show site, stadium, hotels, motels,
herding, tracking etc are ALL located within minutes of each other AND SO IS
THE AIRPORT.  I and committee are still working on the Centennial Celebration
and Ball, we are striving to keep all activities in close proximity for the
convenience of the members.

On a telephone conference call the Board has voted to table going back to
Topeka in 2014 until we have first hand  experience in 2011 and receive input
from the membership.  It is important for the membership to give the Board
feedback.  Feedback has had an impact on Futurity plaques.   As a Board member
I sincerely hope the entire Board or at least the majority will consider the
Lexington site for the future.  Lexington can accommodate all venues.

Nancy Harper-Mulvaney
Board Member
2013 Centennial Chair