[ SHOWGSD-L ] National Musings

  • From: elg440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 22:17:58 -0500

It is what I try to do.? I want you to feel what I am feeling but sometimes I
can't express it as I? want to. So, here are some of my thoughts.
Flower Boy said it best. This was judging that you had to see. The quality was
tops, and no one can say our breed isn't improving. The first four bitches are
all we could ask for. When you looked at the Grand Victor, you could only know
that we have done good things for ourselves.? The judging was perfect and
demonstrated not only that the quality was top, but the three people in the
middle of the ring knew it.? Helen gave us her decisions, and the best were
there. Cappy knew what she wanted to do, and did it, with the best being there.
She even had to kiss the Veteran, and started to run when she picked the
winners.? Once a handler, always a handler.? We all so enjoyed what Michel did,
and it showed from my posts while I watched him. He was so classy and so exact,
and kept smiling all the time.?

The show was relaxed, people were laughing all the time and everyone seemed to
have a good time.There certainly were some bad things, the thefts of Nancy's
jewelry, Ben's dog found dead, Jack with his injury, etc. But, that is this
sport.

We have the joy of the wins and the sucesses, and the pain of loss. But
together we are a family and as such we do it together and share in it all.? I
got to see Madison Avenue take her sixth select. I got to see a fantastic 12-18
dog go winners dog over so many other great dogs. I got to see a bitch from
Mexico, with a pedigree I couldn't recognize go winners bitch and on to Grand
Victrix.? I got to see three professionals in the ring for four days giving me
faith in the future of our breed.? I got to see a board woking endlessly to
support the membership. And a president who works every day to solve the
problems that are sure to be there.

I got to see my friends such as Jane Kerner, and missed people like Joan Fox.
So many who didn't go this year, so many who have left us, and so many that I
didn't get to talk to or spend time with.

You must be at the national, and I was pleased that anyone enjoys my attempt to
share my thinking with the Blog.? Paula, how many days to the next national?

Thank you Evan for your blog!!??I can?close my eyes and feel like I'm there?due
to your excellent?play?by play updates!!

Evan