[ SHOWGSD-L ] NOT?? Renewing GSDCA membership

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <terraf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 15:50:39 -0800

If you are not sold out on the Club enough to re-new membership I assume none
of us can,  or even should,
try to talk you into it anyway.    We are not ready to give up on anything GSD
at this point because we still
care about the Breed.   The Parent Club is a part of being 'involved'.    We
either are supportive of the Breed
and therefore the Club over the Breed...or not!
If you need plaques.... or a pefect Board with no politics.....you might as
well give up membership now.
<G>
The problem with this Club,   Local Clubs,  Organizations,  Churches, and our
National and local Civil leaderships
is that they are all run by imperfect human beings.    If we are looking for
perfection......forget it!!!   They are no more
perfect  than any of us are!!     If you find a perfect organization it would
be less than perfect the very day that I or any
of us  joined membership ......because none of us are perfect.   <G>
Lets just strive for perfection in the GSD Breed and be more tolerant of each
other.
The Review is definitely a disappointment to all of us at times....and I am
sure to the Editor also.   Often it is seldom
loaded with lots of Ads for us all to look at and admire anymore.    Part of
what we look forward to with the Review
is to see the dogs out there in the areas we never get to...and shopping for
studs..  and 'lines'.     Used to take us
DAYS to soak it up and go over Ads and pedigrees and articles.  Many of us can
no longer afford the beautiful
Ads....at least not the color Ads.
Until that is solved with reasonable prices......it will continue to get
smaller as we all learn to give it up.  That alone
will be a huge disappointment.  The Fut. plaques.in the scheme of all going
on.....I guess they are a minor issue to
me.  <G>
Bottom line though......supporting our Breed and the decisions made about it...
ARE the reason we should all
remain members.    We need to be THERE for the decisions regarding the Breed,
the Breed Standard,  our
National Shows,  Futurities,  Leadership, Health Research....etc...and we need
to hold our Parent Club accountable
to what they do for...and with our Breed, our National, our Futurities.    It's
just a part of who we are and our GSD's.
Sure.....there are always other ways for all of us to  invest our time and
money.    Only you can decide  IMO.

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com