[ SHOWGSD-L ] NIKE

  • From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 09:01:44 -0700 (PDT)

     I have good news and bad news.....the good news is that school is out for
5 weeks...the bad news is that you will more than likely be hearing more from
me during the next five weeks!...I know what you're saying, you're saying what
does a shoe company have to do with showing dogs...well absolutely nothing and
absolutely everything...it depends on your perspective...actually everything in
life depends on your perspective....advertising is like the weather...it does
not always effect me, but I am always aware of it....Nike's advertising claim
to fame is..."Just Do It"......"Just Do It".....how many times did you want to
show a dog, but for one reason or another you talked yourself out of it...oh
he's out of coat...oh the judge is crooked, oh I can't find a handler, oh it
cost too much money, oh he doesn't have enough or this or that....and believe
me, when it comes to this show "sport" I do the same thing...I can find a
million reasons why not to show......In most of the
 other areas in my some what unusual life...I do exactly as Nike
suggests....JUST DO IT...so the next time I have a competitive dog, I'm not
going to worry about any of my million excuses...I'm going to
  "Just Do It".......one word of caution...the phrase "Just Do It" can also get
you in trouble...that's why I've been married three times....so I'm coming up
with a new slogan..."Just Do It...but Be Careful"...loll......lol....FB