[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: My plan for the year

  • From: Karen M. Carloni <kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2012 18:51:28 -0500

On Sun, 1 Jan 2012 08:32:40 -0800 (PST), Terry Cochran
<fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I was watching interviews of famous people last night and I got the idea to
>document the year. Every day I will take a picture that represents my day.
>Lets just hope I remember to do it every day. :0) It has to be a pictures that
>says this is what happened today. I think it should be fun and challenging. I
>hate New Years resolutions, I never keep them.
>
>Terry

LOL Terry! What you're describing is a photo challenge,
and a lot of folks do them. It's called "365" or "a
picture a day". You can find tons of them on Flickr.com.
If you have a Yahoo account, you sign onto Flickr using
that same login. Most 'Flickreenos' store their photos
right there on the site on their own personal pages
because Flickr is, at its core, an image sharing and
storage site. You can join a group if you like or just
post your "365" photos to your own page - whichever suits
your own personal desires. Whether they're part of an
organized group or just doing their own thing, most folks
label/tag their photos "365" so people looking at your
images will know what they are.

It's fun AND challenging to do one of these. I'm always in
awe of people who finish one. I tried to do several of
these - including various kinds of "doll a days" and a
personal "dog a day" but was never able to finish any of
them. It's A LOT harder than it appears! If anyone would
like to learn more, just go to: http://www.flickr.com .
And feel free to look me up when you're there. I'm
'beaniekmc'.  ;)
--
Karen C.
Email: kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx