[ SHOWGSD-L ] My hero dog

  • From: "Iza Ackerman" <izaackerman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 15:05:41 -0500

This afternoon, as I was hosing the outside runs off my kennel building, I
would hear CH Karizma’s Venezuela barking inside.    I tried to shush her
from outside, but the barking continued.  This is unlike her.  Also, I would
hear a banging of the guillotine doors as if someone was trying to open it from
the inside.  Now, I do have a bitch that I cannot shut-in the building – she
has to go in a crate – because she just lifts up the door (which is a
light-weight plastic of some kind) with her nose.  So at first I thought, Oh,
that must be Betsy.  And then I realized no – I put Betsy in a crate.  So I
finally went inside to shush Ayla up & saw why she was barking.  One of my
other bitches I guess was pawing at the guillotine door, and got the
plastic-coated wire wrapped around her front leg TIGHTLY, and already was in a
panic-mode.  Good grief !  I did manage to cut the wire (which is no easy task
for me – I am not a Handy-Andy) and then unwrap it from her leg.  Thank you,
Ayla for alerting me – you are my heroine !!!
(These German Shepherds are really smart, aren’t they ?)

Iza Kabuska-Ackerman
www.Karizmashepherds.com
AKC Breeder of Merit
Breeder of a Canadian Grand Victor, an American Grand Victor,
and many more beautiful dogs !