[ SHOWGSD-L ] My Very First CHAMPION

  • From: GSDdogmom@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, AGray40366@xxxxxxx, AllwayzALdy@xxxxxxx, CARALAND@xxxxxxx, ctellefsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mdemers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, eahartwig@xxxxxxx, frontiergsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, nikkif@xxxxxxxxx, GDCHEST@xxxxxxx, kohlein@xxxxxxx, weeziean@xxxxxxx, ejstewart51@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, michel.chaloux@xxxxxxxxxxxx, NIKECLFLD@xxxxxxx, bpeck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, scullen-ericson@xxxxxxxxxxx, DarteGSD1@xxxxxxx, TLGinsburg@xxxxxxx, worf918@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 22:58:40 EDT

Last Saturday under judge Kathleen Field Casteel, my dog, Asgard's Winter
Nights (AKA Gus) went WD and BOW for 2 points.  Then Sunday under  judge Gloria
Birch, Gus went WD for another 2 points.  Pending AKC  approval, of course,
his name is now Champion Asgard's Winter Nights and he  is my very first
CHAMPION!  Yippeeee!  Gus is out of Ch. JP's  Tequila Sunrise by Hunter of
Cedar
Canyon and bred by Tedi & Evan Ginsburg  and John Passafiume.  He is the
grandson
of Am. & Can. Grand Victor Ch.  Survival's Tuff Decision, T.C. and BIF BIM Ch.
Big Ben of Encore, OFA.  Two GREAT dogs.

Thank you so very, very much to the following judges who awarded points to
Gus:  Mr. Robert Eaton, Mrs. Vickie Migliore Roye, Mr. Rick Orlowski, Mrs.
Rita Sandell, Mr. John Bemont, Mrs. Kathleen Field Casteel, and Ms. Gloria
Birch.  Thanks also to Mr. Paul Root, Mrs. Ann Gray, and Mrs.  Joanna Rand for
awarding Gus with Best Puppy's when he was little!  Thanks  also to Tedi and
Evan
Ginsburg for letting me have Gus when he was 11 weeks old  and to Sharlonna
McGaha for those early days of training at the park!   I can't forget my
mentor,
Angie Stegner, who I miss so very much, but whose warm  smile I felt on
Sunday.

But most of all, thank you to handler extrordinaire, Cindy Tellefsen who  was
(literally) behind Gus *every* step of the way :>) and to Sheryl Brockett
who in such a short time beautifully trained and conditioned Gus to become the
CHAMPION I always knew he was!

"New Champion"  What long sought after, beautiful words to  hear!   But the
best part was that nearly all my friends in  dogs were there to share in my
tears of happiness and support my dog.   Thank you!!!

Sorry for going on so long, but so many people have helped me along the way
and I am truly grateful to them.  Sheesh, this reads like a speech at the
Acadmy Awards!!!

Lori Stewart
San Diego