[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Most Titled / finding puppies

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: fhenry1@xxxxxxxxxxx, d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 08:47:23 EDT

In a message dated 7/15/2006 11:00:16 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
fhenry1@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
NOT  necessarily. How do we help these good folks find us and our  puppies?

By being involved with regional GSDC clubs, local AB clubs, state
federations where applicable, by sending well socialized, clean and manicured
puppies
home with companion people whose vets literally snatch your business  card from
the puppy packet/health records the owners are directed to  bring along for
their post purchase exam, by signing the PC breeders' code,  listing litters on
the PC web site, regional club web site AND AKC web site, by  getting adult
dogs out and about to breed and performance competitions and  letting JQ public
get their hands on them and enjoy them, by KNOWING and  FOLLOWING the
requirements for selling a puppy in your location and being able  to say, quite
honestly that you comply with all laws and regulations, by  speaking at Humane
Societies and SPCAs with a fine example of the breed by your  side, never
saying
"no" when a demo dog is needed for such groups or pre- or  grade schools, etc.,
etc., etc.

It's easy.

Actually, the lesson learned from your first experience buying a GSD could
be applied to anything.  How many marketing pieces or advertisements touch  you
daily?  All of those Oriental Rug places that say they are going out of
business really aren't you know <G>.  We learn "buyer beware" from an  early
age.
It escapes me why these lessons all go out the window when  dealing with the
emotional purchase of a puppy, just when we may need those  lessons most.
After all, what affects a person more, paying too much for a  good or service,
buying a product that isn't all it was supposed to be  or falling in love with
puppy that was misrepresented?  And sadly, it  isn't just happening with dogs
found in the newspaper or bred by BYBs.

But, do all the things I mentioned above, even half of them and you'll have
more phone calls than puppies.

Kathy
three generations of Dual Titled Champions  live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_