[ SHOWGSD-L ] More on Illinois

  • From: stormy435 <stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 21:23:11 -0800

Permission to Forward
The meeting next week lands right at the beginning of the BIG International
Kennel Club of Chicago dog show, February 18. This thing is huge (both the
bill and the show). I am sure HSUS and the ARAs planned this.

Illinois breeders, it is time to get hold of your representative and
senators and let them know that this show brings in millions into the local
economy and the bill, HB 198, will destroy it. You can also mention that
this is not the only show held in your state (for better details, see the
club letter).

Take a few minutes out of your day and call their offices. Each of you have
1 representative and 1 senator. If each breeder in the state of Illinois
would contact just those two people and educate them about what is happening
awareness would happen. If you don't know who your representative or
senator is, you can find this information here:
http://www.elections.il.gov/DistrictLocator/SelectSearchType.aspx?NavLink=1

For breeders outside the state of Illinois, a challenge is made to contact
the committee members to educate them about what this bill means and will
do.

For clubs inside and outside the state, whether you are a specialty club,
all-breed club, parent club, send a letter to the committee members letting
them know how you feel about this bill. For clubs inside of Illinois that
don't know what to do but want to help contact SAOVA.

CALL, FAX, EMAIL. It takes 2 minutes.
SAOVA has individual samples of letter to send to senators and
representatives and the committee members (Business/Occupational Licenses
Committee).
ADOA (http://www.adoa.org/ ;) has a download sample for clubs to send in to
the committee members.
The committee member list and personal sample letter can be found at:
http://www.saova.org/Illinois.html

IF everyone takes the time this weekend to become involved, we might have
the IKC show next year to go to. If you do not take the time to become
involved, we may not have the show next year. It is that serious.

All of the information you need to help with this is in this email. The
hard work of writing the letters is completed. They just need to be sent
in.

This is serious. I have just become aware that there will be a meeting of
HSUS, ASPCS and Agriculture. This does not sound good as Agriculture does
not have the experience with these organizations that we do and will think
they can bargain. There is no bargaining. This bill has to be defeated.

Please help not just Illinois but yourself if you value your pet.

Cathy M
--
Stormy Hope
carpoc.org