[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: More Delta Airline Mess-ups & AMERICAN Airlines too..

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 07:03:53 -0700 (PDT)

After reading all these stories, I know I have no desire to ship a dog.  Liddy
came by plane, all went well, but I was a wreck, new dog, flown in at 7 months
old, I was glad to get her into a clean crate and home for a bath.

  Mom's CTH dog was shipped from the Ladies.  All went well.  I felt lucky.
Mom had to ship the crate back to them.  But it was a small crate.  Cuz wuz 3
months old when he came.

  I hope I never ever have to ship a dog again though.  Makes me so nervous.
  sheila
M Cheeks <TRAFALGARgsds@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi Pam:

So very happy for you and so very happy to read about a positive
heartwarming situation in which the real picture was presented,

- that being that we are all here for each other, we have our differences,
but we are a family, and when one of us is in need,

we can rely on each other.

I lost my boy on US AIR, in Chicago, for a connection to LAX. I couldn't
get a direct for the dog. I knew he wasn't on the connection. I watched
him taken off of the flight from Philadelphia, but I never saw him placed on
the connector flight ( both gates were virtually next to each other). I
insisted he wasn't on the plane, even when they told me he was..when they
finally acknowledged he wasn't, I refused to fly without him. Like
yourself, they held the flight for an hour, but I was lucky, they did find
him. I'll never know

what happened to him in that 1hr, but the dog went off of his food for more
than a week and my fireball was lethargic throughout his trip.

Ironically, it was during this trip that I was first introduced to Weicho's
Flashdance, before he made his trip to the East....who would have ever
thought what destiny had in store for us.

Good Luck with your girl..it was great seeing you again, at the shows.

Mike

TRAFALGAR German Shepherds

Michael & Susan Cheeks

TRAFALGARgsds@xxxxxxxxx

610-827-1833

norberge@xxxxxxx wrote:

Last night was a very stressful evening.? Made my connection from Augusta to
Atlanta only to be told at the boarding counter that they could not find
Vera.? Once boarded, the pilot held the plane for an additional 40 minutes
as they tried to find her at Altanta Airport, when they finally stated that
they still could not find her and we needed to depart.?